Saturday, August 09, 2008

day 6

so i'm 6 days into the diet and hubs doesn't recognise the inside of the fridge anymore. it's full of fruit, veg, cheeses and diet sodas. he looked at me today and said, "i'm gonna buy junk food OK hon. i need to feel normal again."

i'm enjoying my diet. i thought i wouldn't but i am. i'm even enjoying cooking the meals which take all of 5mins coz of the quantity. and that's just it, the quantity is actually rather filling! who would have thot that the tiniest allowance could fill me up, but it really does! so now i'm thinking whether i've even got my diet right.

i don't seem to see any difference in my body but my clothes fit better. i'm putting off weighing myself till i hit a month down. A week ago, i weighed in at 82.6kg. can you believe it! i have to say i don't think i look 82kg but there are days that i certainly do feel the weight.

on that note, i had lunch with a colleague the other day. he asked why people always say "not bad" as opposed to "good". IE how's the soup? ... not bad. so i said (with all my literary wisdom) i think "not bad" is a notch below good. then he said, "why don't we say 'almost good'". so i said, "well it doesn't sound as good as 'not bad'"!

2 Comments:

At 12:12 AM , Blogger Gerry said...

you have to share your recipes with me! me need to lose 20kg too!! :)

 
At 1:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! And ze fit of clothes is the best barometer.

Hmmm... you have the kind of fridge that I would like to have... hang on... my fridge is kinda like that.. only the veg + fruits are not that fresh, and the butter is full fat! :D

Speaking of butter - think I left my butter + container @ yours. Will pick it up next time I come over...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home